* Mailed a package tokodiak_bear . She has no idea what's in it, so she'll spend the weekend in suspense, wondering if it's something good, or if she should get out the HAZMAT team. Heh heh :)
* It snowed. Yup. I had the day off from work, so lazily slept in til the very late hour of 8:00 a.m., did some planned errands, came home and went, I'll take a nap. A few minutes later, the cat discovered this, pinned me to the bed with his hefty 8 pounds, and I was trapped. When I woke up a couple hours(!) later, went out to get the mail and went, hey, where did this snow come from? Now much, half an inch if that. It'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon. However, the roads are now covered with ice and frozen rain and just a disaster.
* Got poisoned at Pier One. Well, not really poisoned (don't want to get sued). I suffered a reaction to sniffing some of those scented sticks in a jar things (whatever they're called). The cinammon one was nice but I like nah, so didn't buy any. This was last weekend. Anyway, woke up the next day and my nose hurt. The middle of it, like someone had punched me and it was red and a little swollen. Eegads. Anyway, had a regular dr appt for later in the week so figured, I can make it. Took Advil and by today, it was finally down, but got some RhinoCort or whatever. Doc said it was um, er, oh, an adverse reaction or something like that. I should do this to someone in fanfic.... No fun.
* Abused my Dalelk. Yes, I decorated it for Xmas a week or so ago, but something was just lacking. I found more stuff to adorn it with, but will load pictures when I find that perfect thing to stick on top. Oh hmm, I think I know what I'll attach to his head provided I can find a small enough version. Poor Dalek. Fortunately the Dalkek humans-are-abusing-me hotline is down for the holiday vacation ;)
* Found a neat article on the Wall Street Journal about the WGA strike and fans. Yes, fans are mingling with writers. :)
* Plan to stay up WAY late tonight, as Turner Classic Movies is picking up where the SciFi Channel has failed abysmally- it is showing the classic Attack of the Crab Monsters, a glorious gem of B&W horror/mutant radioactive crustaceans flick (in which the Skipper of the Minnow co-stars) that hasn't graced the boob tube in decades. Followed by the equally marvelous Killer Shrews. I mean, dogs in shrew suits and the Sheriff from Dukes of Hazzard (in his young days) make for a rollicking good time. Ends with the Green Slime. Earlier today tripped over the end of Ride the Wild Surf, a sixties teenybopper fype flick about young guys surfing in Hawaii, starring Fabian (who was a teen idol back then) and Tab Hunter (who came out decades later that he was gay). It was a very corny movie, but I remember seeing it when I was a kid and now I know why it appealed to me so much. Hawaii, water, and lots of good looking guys in tight swim trunks. Made up for the dialogue of two macho surfers waiting to catch the waves going "You're an idiot!" "Yeah, sez you!" Oy.I shall confess that I own several records of surfer music from the sixties as well, that stuff was and is still pretty cool. Yeah, the Ventures were neat. Still have their LP and just took a look, gee, I fogot that Bruce Willis made an LP too. Ah, probably belongs on a "Golden Throats" album along with Phillip Michael Thomas (Tubbs from NBC's Miami Vice).